Table of Contents
- Opportunities And Challenges
- Impact Of Standards On Development
- What Does Static Analysis Bring To The Party?
- Integrating Static Analysis into Process Improvement
- How To Move Forward
- About Jon Collins
Embedded and industrially oriented organizations exist across verticals, from healthcare to defense, transportation to manufacturing. Such companies face similar challenges, notably how to drive software-based innovation by connecting existing and new software to deliver on rapidly changing customer needs. At the same time, they need to balance speed of delivery with safety, security, and standards-based requirements.
Static code analysis can offer a response to this need, increasing both efficiency and quality, but it needs to be implemented in the right way. In this report, aimed at technical decision-makers involved in industrial and embedded systems delivery, we look at:
- The opportunities and challenges facing such organizations today
- The impact of safety, security, and compliance standards on development
- The role of static analysis in speeding up delivery without compromising quality
- What to look for in a static analysis tool, features, and functionality
- Success scenarios for static analysis, as worked examples
Static analysis is not an end in itself; rather, it acts as an enabler to remove unnecessary bottlenecks in the development process, unlocking innovation, and freeing development resources. In this paper, we explore how this can be achieved.