We’re excited to announce that Nest co-founder and CEO Tony Fadell will return to the stage in a conversation with Om Malik at our fourth annual experience design conference Roadmap, which takes place on November 18 and 19 in San Francisco. Since Fadell spoke at Roadmap 2013, his connected device startup Nest — which makes a smart learning thermostat and an intelligent smoke alarm — was bought by Google for $3.2 billion.
Before Nest, Fadell was a leading designer at Apple, where he worked on the iPod and iPhone. He’s an example of an entrepreneurial designer who built a company around reinventing the user experience of unloved products. As many have pointed out this year, Silicon Valley is embracing technology design like never before.
At Roadmap, we’ll bring you the most creative minds using design to disrupt industries. In addition to Fadell, our speakers include:
- John Maeda’s insight on the golden age of the economics of tech design.
- Adobe’s VP of Product, Jeff Veen, on aesthetics vs design.
- Yves Béhar on building interactive relationships with devices.
- Twitter’s Simon Rogers on visualizing billions of tweets.
- Matías Duarte talking about Google’s newly released design language with Wired’s Cliff Kuang.
- Translating human interaction with technology from his experience on the set of the movie Her, K.K. Barrett
- A conversation between designers from Facebook, Uber and Storehouse on breakout app design.
- Designer Elle Luna on “designing your inspiration.”
- The top 5 favorite tech products from 5 leading designers from Pinterest, Samsung, Microsoft, and more.
- A discussion on designing experiences for the developing world from UNICEF Innovation Unit co-founder Erica Kochi, and frog VP Creative Fabio Sergio.
We’ll also have a kick-off event on the night of November 17, and an after-party the night of day 1, November 18. Make sure to grab a ticket soon before they sell out.