As the cloud matures, the complexity and hidden charges in many cloud storage services have become a problem for users to decipher and understand. Moreover, the initial benefits of the capacity license model, in which users pay only for how much data they protect, is less appealing as data volumes grow and costs keep going up. This makes it hard to predict the price you are actually signing up for when you select a service, which makes budgeting difficult.
In this webinar we will discuss the challenges of existing cloud data backup and recovery pricing models and how this market is evolving to be fairer, simpler to use and budget for. We will look at other industries such as the auto insurance market for examples of innovative pricing schemes that can be more compelling for customers and consequently drive adoption.
Join GigaOM Research and our sponsor Asigra for “Stay on top of evolving cloud storage pricing models,” a free analyst roundtable webinar on Tuesday, September 17, 2013 at 10:00 a.m. PT.
Key topics of discussion
- What is the predominant cloud pricing model for backup and recovery today?
- What are the limitations of this approach? (Examples)
- How have other industries innovated around pricing to improve customer retention? (Auto insurance, others?)
- What lessons can we learn from these early innovators failures and successes?
- What are the potential challenges with new pricing schemes?
- What will the economics of cloud storage look like in the next 3-5 years?
Who should attend
- CIOs, CFOs
- IT decision-makers
- Storage architects
- Storage managers
- Cloud service providers
- Systems Integrators