Moving storage and compute to the cloud has simplified billing, sourcing, and resource scaling, but the fundamentals of application design have not changed. Hardcoded APIs and services remain rigidly tied to finite inputs and fixed results, denying developers of the ability the full range of interoperability the cloud can bring, such as the pervasive and configurable use of services.
This Webinar discusses the rise of “smart services,” or how to take cloud computing to the next level by rethinking how APIs or services are created, managed, as well as how they interact and interoperate. Moreover, how “smart services” can create more effective use of cloud-based resources, and the proper path to get there. Join GigaOM Research and EnterpriseWeb for “Smart Services: Extending the Cloud to Application Design,” a free analyst webinar on Thursday September 19, 2013, at 10 a.m. PT.
What Will Be Discussed:
- How do we combat the rise of silos in the cloud and within the enterprise?
- How should developers rationalize and govern services and APIs.
- How do you deal with MDM and code re-use?
- How does this approach improve DevOps and improve lifecycle management?
- What are the best practices and technologies for building and deploying services?
Who Should Attend:
- CIOs and CTOs
- Application Developers & Architects
- Cloud Service Providers