The enterprise lives in the cloud. From productivity to CRM to custom business apps built on PaaS, nearly every business trusts third parties to manage their data. It’s a major shift, so it’s understandable that IT would be focused on the security of those services, but in truth, cloud services probably aren’t the weakest link.
SaaS providers such as Salesforce and Microsoft run their business thwarting DOS attacks and shutting down cybercrime. The real threat resides within your company. Employees consume self-provisioned SaaS services without the knowledge or oversight of IT, and even approved SaaS-based applications have extended the reach of your corporate data to any device, anywhere, at any time. This dispersion of content dramatically increases the risk of malicious or accidental loss, and managing that risk is one of IT’s biggest challenges.
In this Gigaom Research Webinar, we will separate the real threats from the hype, identify the most common forms of security breaches, and discuss the tools and processes businesses can put in place to minimize exposure and damage. Join Gigaom Research and Bitglass for “Securing the SaaS-Based Enterprise: Solving the Right Problems” a free analyst webinar on Tuesday, August 19, 2014, at 10 a.m. PT.
What Will Be Discussed
- What is the impact on existing security and compliance procedures and staffing when businesses move applications and data to the cloud?
- What security and compliance services do SaaS providers offer, what services should IT provide, and where and how should the two work together?
- In what ways can careless, malicious, or misguided users subvert security measures, and how do the cloud and mobility exacerbate this?
- How do most businesses approach network and data security, endpoint management, and security policies? What openings does that leave for attackers?
- Which tools and processes can businesses put into place to minimize risk and mitigate damage?
Who Should Attend
- CIOs and CISOs
- Compliance Officers
- IT Managers
- Operations Staff
- Security Professionals