Despite the obvious importance of mobile, most Web sites continue to provide a sub-par mobile browsing experience. Few Web sites truly embrace mobility, offering scaled-down versions of desktop Web sites or pushing users toward native applications that require a separate download. Many well-intentioned mobilization strategies aimed at solving the problem become bogged down in the minutiae of designing for multiple platforms.
In theory, Responsive Web Design should allow businesses to create and manage one codebase to deliver consistent branding and functionality across all platforms. The reality is far more complicated and less rewarding. Monolithic application design, a reliance on client-side scripting, or and the task of managing multiple templates can increase complexity and cost. A heavy dependence on mobile networks and server-side databases can diminish performance relative to native applications. This session will explore the extent to which businesses can extend responsive design into their mobile strategy, and how new technologies and approaches can mitigate problems.
Join GigaOM Research and Moovweb for “Responsive Mobile Design: Extending Responsive Web Design for Cross-Platform Mobile Development” a free analyst webinar on Tuesday, October 15, 2013, at 10 a.m. PT.
What Will Be Discussed
- How should developers address key differences between desktop and mobile experiences?
- What are the pros and cons of native and hybrid applications?
- What are the challenges of Web-based applications on mobile devices?
- What efficiencies do responsive tools and methodologies bring to cross-platform development?
- How should businesses approach and manage a responsive strategy?
Who Should Attend
- CIOs and CTOs
- Application Developers & Architects
- Marketing and Product Managers