Since it was launched in 2010, Microsoft’s Windows Azure has taken four years to become relevant in the cloud market. Like most of the company’s software, Windows Azure underwent a series of iterations before it became stable and enterprise-ready.
This report addresses the following issues related to Microsoft Windows Azure:
- Who is responsible for turning around the Windows Azure strategy
- The key differentiating factors of the Microsoft cloud platform
- Some of the smart decisions that made Windows Azure relevant to enterprise customers
- How is Microsoft driving the utilization of its massive data center capacity
- The roadmap for Windows Azure
- The limitations of Windows Azure should customers be aware of
Thumbnail image courtesy of Claudia Lusa/Thinkstock.